Friday, September 5, 2008

We've been super busy!






WOW! Where does the time go? Tim, Caroline and I have been very busy this summer and now it is September!! We traveled to Kentucky to see Tim's parents and friends to celebrate his brother's birthday, Caroline started "school", my aunt, uncle, cousin and mom came into town for two short visits, we went to our neighbor's annual crab bake, and our singles tennis season is coming to a close.

School is going great for Caroline. She attends every Tuesday and for the month of September, she will be attending on Wednesdays as well. We love to get her artwork and LOVE hanging it on the fridge! She is cutting her molars and oh my goodness are they a PAIN! She is running the low grade fevers and has been pretty clingy/irritable. One day, I am the only one that can hold her and the next day, it is only Tim. We will be glad when they finally come all the way in! So far, we have been lucky and haven't gone to the doctor for a sick appointment, only wellness checks.

Our neighbors had their annual crab bake and our friend from D.C. flew in for it. We had a good time and Caroline was of course the hit of the party! We stayed away from the crab this year, as a couple of years ago, Tim ate ALL the crab and became EXTREMELY sick! We now just go for the sides and the fellowship. :)

Tennis has been going well for us. Tim is finishing up his singles leagues and we are both starting our doubles leagues. I made it to the elite eight in one league out of 355 people and tomorrow night, I play in the championship game of another league. I'm nervous and excited all at the same time. I have several "fans" coming to support me, so perhaps I am more nervous than normal. The good thing is that the championships get to be played at my home court, so I'm not at a "center court" being watched by a bunch of strangers. Last Monday, I played in the Labor of Love Breast Cancer Tournament and my partner and I came in second in the silver flight. That was exciting since last year, we didn't even come close!

Stay tuned for some great pictures of Caroline in her UK cheerleader outfit! GO CATS!!!!

3 comments:

Ruthanne said...

Cute pictures (as usual). Hasn't the summer just FLOWN??
Two things: I got Andrew's shoes at Wal-mart. Aren't they adorable??
Have you tried Hyland's Teething Tablets for Caroline? You can get them at Wal-mart and Walgreen's (I think) but not Target. They are homeopathic and really help Andrew. They just melt on their tongues. Andrew doesn't like the taste of them so I put his in a syringe, add a little water and shoot them in. :) They reduce the pain and help him sleep.
Hope the teething is over soon--it is SO hard on them and us!

Courtney said...

School..........so cute. Love the artwork on the fridge. Sweet pictures. Courtney

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

It has been a busy summer and our first summer all home together isn't it great!!!! Maya also like the homeopathic teething tablets, she would eat them like candy. The molars are really bad, but the eye teeth or canine aren't a lot better, I should say that, the fever wasn't as long or as bad and her attitude isn't great but OK. Say hi to that cute girl of yours! and your mom.