Sunday, November 7, 2010

Balancing Act?

As usual, I am starting off this blog entry with "We are still here...". Boy, do I sound like a broken record! But, we are still here and we've once again been super busy.

My hat goes off to ALL working moms! I honestly don't know how you guys do it and still manage to keep your house clean, meals cooked, and kids looking great! I AM STRUGGLING! Every time I seem to have my act together, I realize that my floors haven't been handmopped or my ironing is becoming the size of Mount Everest. But, my laundry is caught up and my meals are cooked! Then...as soon as I tackle Mount Everest and mopping, then meals aren't cooked and laundry falls behind! When does this evil cycle end????

We are in the process of domesticating our adoption of Caroline and legally changing her name. As we have found out, NOTHING that pertains to our adoption is easy, so why should this be?? We 'drew' the 'toughest' judge who made us redo our bloodwork and our homestudy. What does this mean? Just more money and more time involved! Arrggghhh.......But soon, we will have every bit of our adoption story CLOSED! :)

Caroline is LOVING school. She loves learning and is well on her way to a Yale or Harvard scholarship, lol! She is quite the conversationalist and doesn't seem to meet a stranger. She loves soccer and going to gymnastics every week. Each Tuesday, we go to Chick-fil-A for family craft night. On Tuesday mornings, she wakes up and reminds me of Chickfila night! Caroline loves putting together puzzles and is quite the puzzle master. She sits down and puts together a 48 piece floor puzzle with ease. I'm still quite amazed!

For Halloween this year, we went to Hilton Head Island for a mini vacation. I had furlough days on Monday and Tuesday, so Nana, Papa, Caroline and I packed up and enjoyed some fun in the sun! Caroline LOVED the beach and spent hours in the sand. It was so nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of life. I loved seeing the pure excitement and joy on Caroline' face!

I have more work to do for school, cleaning around the house and a filthy girl to get in the bathtub, but I will return hopefully soon with some pictures.

1 comment:

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

I was beginning to wonder about you guys. We had been looking at pictures ond video's from Guatemala. Gla dyou are all well just busy.