Friday, December 3, 2010

Warm Mexican Crab Dip Recipe

I don't have a picture of this DELICOUS recipe but trust me...IT IS TO DIE FOR!!! Caroline and I love watching cooking shows and this recipe was featured on Paula Deen's. It looked rather easy and 'smelled' so good!

Warm Mexican Crab Dip Recipe
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp seeded and chopped jalapeno (I omitted this)
1/2 cup light beer
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese
1 package (8 oz) pasteurized cheddar cheese
1 lb lump crab meat (I used 1/2 lb and it was fine)
1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
1/4 cup minced green onion
1/4 cup minced cilantro
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp ground cumin
tortilla chips
In medium sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeno pepper, and garlic and cook, stirring frequently for about 3 minutes. Stir in the beer and cook until liquid is reduce to half. Stir in the cream, cream cheese, and cheese block, whisking until melted and smooth.
Stir in crab meat, lime juice, cilantro, green onion, and chili powder and simmer for about 15 minutes. Add the salt, black pepper, cayenne, and cumin. Serve with tortilla chips!
This dip was INCREDIBLE! I omitted the jalapeno peppers since I forgot them at the store and I only used 1/2 lb of crab meat due to expenses. This dip is expensive, but well worth it for special occassions.

No comments: