Friday, January 4, 2008

On the Road to Recovery

As we know, I totally messed up my ankle in September playing tennis. After months of being in an aircast/boot, a sports brace 24 hours a day, bedrest, crutches, and just pain...I'm on the road to recovery. I had surgery on my ankle on December 26th (Merry Christmas to me) and found out that my ligaments had healed, but I had formed massive amounts of scar tissue and adhesions over my ligaments and joints. Apparently, you DO need to turn black and blue even more to let the blood escape out! I never would have thought it was so important to bruise!!! The doctor, who is known as the Scope Doctor, said that it was the 2nd worst injury he'd ever seen! Leave it to me!

Anyway, I went back to the doctor yesterday and was informed my progress is doing great! I should start weening myself off the crutches this weekend and be back in the boot(yuck) for only 2-3 weeks. I also have to sit in the "torture chair" for several times a day to strengthen my ankle and keep the scar tissue from reforming. It's truly amazing to look at my ankle now. It's now a real ankle and not a cankle!! :) I can actually see the outline of it! I've never seen a prettier ankle!

I should be able to start playing tennis again in the next few months. YEA!!! I need to get so much energy and pent up anger out! This adoption process is killing me (actually, it's just the waiting)!

5 comments:

Nancy and Isaac McGee said...

Bethany so glad you are on the road to recovery. Praying you are back on the courts very soon.

Becky Scott said...

Great news Bethany! :)

Ruthanne said...

Oh, yay!! So as soon as you're out of the boot, Caroline can come home, right?? Did you let Barrios know that you're almost healed? I think he was just waiting to make sure you could carry her around. He's very thoughtful that way. :)

Bethany said...

Ruthanne, your comment made me laugh so hard! I've been trying to let Barrios know that I'm almost ready for Caroline, but I've been getting a busy signal on his cell phone :). Maybe I'll try calling the President and see if he can get in touch with him!!!!

The Moore Family said...

I found your website!!! I have looked high and low, but I am so excited to find you!!! It just makes me want to cry! I am so thankful you watched our boys that day because it had to have been one of the most tramatic days in my life. I'm so thankful you found our wesbite and if I could hug you in person right now I would. Oh my, I'm just pouring tears. Here's my email. I just really wanted to thank you for loving our boys when we had to say goodbye. -- Kelli Moore

loveformocha@gmail.com