Thursday, July 17, 2008

So Stinkin' Proud of Myself!

For those of you who know me, I have been playing tennis for a little over a year. I had been getting pretty decent when the DREADED ankle accident happened. I went down pretty hard and came out several months later with surgery. I then had an "extended" stay in Guatemala and didn't come home until April. The Sunday after returning, my team had a match. I played in it and lost! I am NOT a loser, so it was a tough loss for me. After much practicing with my team and hitting around with Tim, I joined two single leagues. I am currently 1st in my division in one of them and ranked 35th out of 208 in the other! I still don't feel that I am totally back, but my confidence is sure building! Last night, I had a match with one of the toughest girls in my division. We went to a tie breaker in the first set and then to 7-5 in the second set. I came home a WINNER! I was so pumped up! I have four more matches over the next 5 days, so hopefully, I can stay on top.

Okay...weird post, but I just had to share my excitement!

4 comments:

Becky Scott said...

I'm proud of you too!!! Woohoo!!! Way to go!

jeck said...

Congrats!!!! Good Job!!!

Ruthanne said...

That is IMPRESSIVE!!

Anonymous said...

Great job Bethany!
Anytime you want some practice give me a call :)