Friday, February 13, 2009

Frugal Friday

I think that I am going to post my shopping trips on Fridays. I kinda like the sound of 'Frugal Friday' and it allows my readers who come to check in on my savings know when to expect it.
I had an exceptional week of savings at Publix. I didn't need many groceries (thank you stockpile) but was in need of diapers. So, in order to stay under my $40/week budget, I needed to figure out an amazing plan...

Transaction Details
1- Huggies Diapers- $21.99 - $5 Publix Baby club Q-$3 Kimberly Clark Q-$2 MQ
1- Huggies Wipes-$2.99 - $2.99 FREE wipes wyb diapers
1- Fresh Pineapple- $1.85
2- Land O'Lakes Butter $.89 each - $.55 Qx2
7- Pillsbury Cake Mixes $.85 - $.40 Q (doubled to $.80)x 7
1- Golden Grahams Cereal $2.00 - $1.00 MQ
1- Frosted Mini Wheats Cereal- $2.10 - $1.00 MQ
2- Yo-Plait Yogurt Plus- $2.00 each - $1.50 MQx2
1- Half & Half Creamer- $1.75
4- Grands Biscuits- $1.00 each - $.40/2- $.40-$.50
2- Cupcake Liners- $.95 each

Used $5.00/$25.00 Competitor Q

Total OOP= $20.10

Total Saved= $47.19

MQ-Manufacturer Coupon

PQ- Publix Coupon

I feel like I did a great job, but I totally forgot about the blueberries on sale at Kroger yesterday! I had meant to take some of my extra money and buy several cartons of these and freeze them for smoothies! Oh, well.. next time... I didn't have to buy milk this week because Kroger had the half gallons on sale last week for a special sale. I bought milk then and still managed to stay under budget.

How did you do this week?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great deal! I just can't get over that you paid for everything for less than you would have spent on the diapers! What a great trip! Way to go!