Sunday, February 15, 2009

I've Been Tagged

I have been tagged by my blogging friend and now real world friend Laura Beth.
Here we go...THE RULES:Step 1: respond and rework—answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own.Step 2: tag—eight other untagged people. (or however many...)

Make a list of things you can see without getting up: I'm in the breakfast room, and I see the dirty breakfast dishes on the stove, a shapes puzzle on my lap, my coffee cup on the table, beautiful artwork created by the wonderful Caroline, weeds in the backyard, a peaceful lake with geese swimming, and Caroline's baby dolls wearing diapers.
Favorite football team: University of Kentucky Wildcats!
What are you wearing now? flannel pajama pants and a Kentucky long sleeved t-shirt
What color is your bedroom? Churchhill Downs Chocolate
What’s the last thing you read/are currently reading? Oh, how I love to read, but just never seem to have the time anymore....the last thing I read was a free Parent's magazine yesterday
Do you nap a lot? I wish!
Who was the last person you hugged? Caroline
What’s your current obsession/addiction? tennis and winning, coupons, and Caroline!
What was the last thing you said aloud? I just read aloud Caroline's new book from Valentine's Day
What Web sites do you always visit when you go online? yahoo mail, my blog, and lots of others
What was the last thing you bought? birthday present at Target
What are you listening to right now? Handy Manny
What is something you wish you could do more? I wish that I could travel more. Before Caroline, we would just pack up and GO, without a thought or care in the world. Now, it's much different...
What gives you hope? Knowing that the sun will rise tomorrow and that God has amazing plans for Caroline
What is your favorite weather, and why? Spring- the new flowers and colors, the world just seems to come alive and I like planting flowers (even though I am no good at it!)
What time do you usually get up? 8:30ish...Caroline most of the time sleeps in until 9:00.
What is your most challenging goal right now? balancing my life...it seems a bit out of wack right now and I feel like I am downward spiraling some days.
Say something to the person who tagged you: Laura Beth, I am glad that our world is so small and we were able to become friends! Who would have thought that a blogging friend lived down the road from you and we would have SO much in common! I can't wait to get to know you guys even better and look forward to Ada and Caroline having a great friendship!
If you could have a house–totally paid for, fully furnished–anywhere in the world, where would you want it to be? I picture my house on a square with a large wrap around porch, probably in Savannah or Charleston. I would love to be near the beach, but not on the beach, because I have to have my "square"! :)
Favorite vacation spot? No place in particular, but it must be on the ocean with a gentle breeze!
What is your favorite children’s book? Goodnight Moon (because I read it on tape for Caroline and sent it to Guatemala. She still recognizes the book!!)
Name one thing you just can’t resist no matter how bad it is for you: Caramel and my mom's chess cake!
If you could meet anyone famous - dead or alive - who would it be? Teddy Roosevelt
Have you ever met anyone famous? If so who? I met President Bill Clinton (not sure if that counts). I met Phil Knight (founder of Nike) and carried on a long conversation with him. Because of my hubby's love of sports, I have also met tons of athletes (basketball, baseball, football) and I had a personal trainer that was a pro-wrestler (Bryan Clark from the Kronic). AND, I taught another wrestler's child in school. I have also met Chris Tucker.
If you could have any job in the world , what would it be? Not really sure what it would be...
Who is your hero? My mom is my hero. She stuck by me in Guatemala and even "slapped" me into reality when the toughest times hit. She never left my side, even when I begged her to go home for her own safety. She never faltered and I only hope to have her motherly strength one day.
Who is the last person you talked to? Caroline
I tag: Kristy, Ruthanne, Jessica, Leah and Kelli

No comments: