Monday, October 1, 2007

Stuck on the Couch!

Okay...now this is not directly related to Caroline, but it deals with me. On the Sunday after I flew home from Guatemala, I was playing in a tennis match. As I jumped off the ground (yes...2 feet off the ground!), I came down wrong on my right ankle. I ended up in the ER with a "severe" sprain, crutches, an "aircast", and pain pills. Now, if memory serves me right, my ankle should be healing nicely and I should be able to play tennis sometime soon.

NO!!!!! Now a week later, I still can't put pressure on my foot and it's still swollen. I finally broke down and called the foot doctor. Well, it turns out that I do have a severe sprain, but with at least 3 torn ligaments! I go Friday to get an MRI done to see how bad the damage is! I now have an official aircast and a 300 pound boot on my foot! I am back on the couch with my foot propped up and can't work for another week! I never imagined this was how I was going to spend some of my "maternity" leave! I am also have a hard time turning loose of the control in my classroom. I am a person who rarely gets sick and NEVER misses school!

Please pray for my ankle to quickly heal as I am now looking at 4-6 weeks of being in a real cast with rehab to follow! This also is cutting very close to our potential pick-up trip for Caroline. Again, please pray for a quick recovery!!!! Thanks!!!!

2 comments:

Becky Scott said...

Oh Bethany! I'm so sorry! Do you need me to do anything for you? If you come up with something, please ask!!! ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I hope you feel better very soon!