Wednesday, October 14, 2009

stand firm at the register

While making a second run for cheap broth at Publix, I found a blinkie for the Johnson and Johnson first aid products. The Q is $3.00/2. I was able to get 3 of the Q's to "shoot out" and luckily there were 6 travel sized bandaids. This makes for an overage of $1.40 for two products!

I go to checkout (remember, I'm at an "okay" store, but not my favorite) and the cashier will not allow me to use the J&J coupons. She states "your item is lower than the value of the coupon. We can't take it and we can't pay you for item." I stand firm and simply state "it's a manufacturer coupon, not a publix coupon." She refuses to accept the coupons. I then asked for a second opinion. The cashier sees the Store Manager walk in and begrudgingly walks over to ask him. He looks at it and says "It's a manufacturer coupon. It's fine." Needless to say, she wasn't happy and didn't thank me for shopping at Publix.

Lesson learned....stand firm at the register and ask for a second opinion.

1 comment:

HappyascanB said...

Hi! Your blog was linked to Kelly's over at Kelly's Korner, and it caught my eye because my name is Bethany! AND? Ready for this? My hubby is Tim!?!?! How crazy!!!! Can't wait to read a little more of your journey. Blessings!!