Saturday, October 17, 2009

Yard Sale Success!

Inspired by my coupon mentor, I decided to have a small stockpile yard sale. I had lots of charcoal and condiments and revlon tools, so it was time to sell it! I organized it by type and priced it to sell. Four hours later, I was $220 richer!!!!

I sold almost everything! I had no expectations as it was FREEZING today! I was totally blown away by the response that I had. What an awesome feeling to know that I didn't have to pay money for what I sold (overage items) and now I am $220 richer! :) Couponing really does pay off!! To put it into perspective, I made enough money in these few hours to pay for my daughter's tuition next month. I now have that tuition already paid for and the "real" tuition money is now in savings. You can't beat that!

Now, what is holding you back from couponing, saving money, and then making money???

4 comments:

Natasha said...

Yay, way to go Bethany!!!!

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

that is awesome! someday maybe we will have these neat stores and I can jump on board.

Greta Jo said...

Great job! Please come my way and help me.;)

Gardenia said...

what a great day you had! that's a lot of moooola. this sunday I started looking through the paper for coupons. first time really. I should try what you do.