Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Elf on the Shelf




Last week, we went to a special book signing by the author of the "Elf on the Shelf" at the local boutique Phancy Pheasant. We ate cookies and sipped on hot apple cider. I dressed Caroline up in one of her new Christmas dresses for the event. I, however, was not dressed up because I had been running ragged all day (doing carpools, errands, and homework). Caroline wouldn't let Ms. Bell hold her, so we all got in the picture.

The Elf on the Shelf book is so cute! It talks about a little elf watching you all day and reporting back to Santa at night. The book comes with an activity book and their very own elf. I can't wait for Caroline's elf to come alive at night and find a new hiding place in the morning. She's already pointing to the elf in the book! It will be a cute tradition every year.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I keep hearing about this book.

We have a boutique here called Parsons, and either the author just came or she is coming.

I was in their Christmas shop a few weeks ago and saw the book.

So cute! Thanks for the post!