Thursday, April 16, 2009

Farmer's Market Run


Last week, I went to the Dekalb Farmer's Market for a fresh produce run with Tutti. I definitely went over my budget of $40/week, but because my stockpile is so plentiful, I basically went two weeks without having to go to the grocery! Isn't couponing amazing! I mainly bought organic veggies and fruit, but also bought some spices and ingredients for hummus. Yummy! I was going to list everything I bought but it looked to silly. :) Three homeruns were: almond slices (super cheap), spaghetti squash, and dried mango. I told Caroline they were candy and voila! instant favorite! They do have the texture of gummy bears and are a bit sweet, so she'll never know the difference. I also bought some agave nectar to use as a sugar substitute in my coffee. I tried it at Trader Joe's a few days ago and LOVED it!

1 comment:

Suehaad said...

I'm so glad you liked the agave nectar. I do too. I think it is quite lovely and smooth to the taste.