Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spaghetti Squash


I bought a spaghetti squash at the Farmer's Market and HAD NO IDEA what to do with it (I was going along with Tutti's recommendation that it was good)! She told me it was super easy and just to trust her. Boy, am I glad I did! This incredible veggie was YUMMY! I thought I would pass along how easy it is to cook (remember, I am a horrible cook).
1. Slice Spaghetti Squash in half
2. Scoop out seeds (reminds me of a pumpkin)
3. Put butter (I used 'I can't believe it's not butter spray') around the 'flesh' and in the middle
4. Salt and Pepper (I used garlic salt)
5. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 1 hour
6. Around 40 minutes into it, I added more butter
7. Once cooled down enough to touch, take fork and begin to 'shred' lengthwise.
8. Serve with fresh parmesan cheese and enjoy!
I was so impressed with the taste and the easiness of this recipe. I will definitely be making it again soon! AND....you can cook up a bunch and it supposedly freezes well. I plan on doing this when it is in "season...aka...cheap".

No comments: