Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Fruits of My Labor

This is my garden in the backyard.

My beautiful squash growing quite nicely!

I'm simply amazed that the flowers turn into vegetables!

So far, this is my prized beauty!

Yummy! My tomatoes are looking awesome!

I'm so excited that my garden is looking spectacular! My tomatoes coming in and some are almost ready to be picked. My squash is looking awesome and I'm already researching different recipes to use with it. I even cut my first prized beauty tonight! Caroline loves helping me water the vegetables and she loves bending down and pointing out all the new ones. I hope she will have a love for gardening and vegetables one day. :)

3 comments:

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

so jealous, we are so behind here with our cool weather for so long, oh well. Love the pool pictures, have shopping with your mom for the perfect outfits for the photoshoot.

Over-Caffeinated said...

It must be our yearning to hold on to a little bit of home, huh? My squash and tomatoes are a little behind yours, the cucumbers should be almost ready today! :) yippee!

jeck said...

I have a made up squash casserole recipe for you... Cut up squash and onion and boil together, drain and set aside. Bake a pan of jiffy cornbread and crumble. Pour squash mixture over top, then add cream of mushroom soup, sour cream and I add shredded cheese to mine. Mix all together, bake until golden brown. You can play with the amounts of each of the ingredients depending on what you like...

Have fun with your garden!