Monday, December 15, 2008

Adventures in Savannah...Edited




I have no idea why we look like we are glowing...must be from all the candy!

Tell Santa that I want this one!

Life size Gingerbread House made out of real candy! Yummy AND yucky!


The Waving Girl Statue

A view of River Street...notice all the red and black Georgia Fans!

The Georgia Queen...named after Caroline! :)


Are you serious? I can't have more than one????

Well, fine! I'll just eat this pack of mayo instead!

Snug as a bug in a rug...

Caroline and "Naked Baby" are set to go!

We left early Saturday morning to go to one of our favorite cities, Savannah, GA. It's just a couple of hours from us, so it's an easy (and VERY boring) drive. For those of you who live down here and are familiar with I-16, you know what I mean...pure wilderness!
We checked into our hotel and discovered that Marriott had upgraded us to a King Suite. How sweet! We unpacked and let Caroline run around to burn some of her energy. She loved how she could go into both of the rooms and see her cartoons playing on both televisions! It's so neat to see how the little things excite her.
We decided to eat at The Lady and Sons Restaurant (Paula Deen's) for a late lunch. However, we were to late for lunch, so we settled for a 7:30 reservation. We then walked down to City Market and had a wonderful bowl of SheCrab Soup and Garlic/Cheese Pizza at a really quaint Tapas bistro.
After the City Market, we hit River Street, where we had to sample all of the pecan pralines. Yummy! We bought a pound of pecan pralines from THE best store, River Street Sweets. Super yummy! We walked down by the river and posed in front of the Georgia Queen RiverBoat. It was so pretty and decorated for Christmas. We then walked down to one of my favorite statues, the Waving Girl. It's such a sweet, romantic story of how a lady walked to the river to wait for her husband to return home. However, the tragic story ends with him not returning home. It's a real Romeo and Juliet love story. By this time, Caroline had dosed off and was getting her afternoon nap. We still proceeded to take pictures and enjoy the trip with our sleeping beauty. It was super cold in Savannah, so we were bundled up and wrapped Caroline up in two blankets! She LOVED being a little Guatemalan Eskimo.
Paula's restaurant was very good. Caroline loved the garlic cheese biscuits and the ho cake. She even ate black eyed peas! After dinner, we headed back to the hotel and let Caroline play around in the lobby and in the room.
We had a great time and we are already planning our next adventure.

2 comments:

Natasha said...

I love your Savannah photos, especially the Paula Dean ones! Glad you had a great time!

Yes, I posted several pictures in one day! I got sick and then Amanda was sick for a while. Then things got put on hold. Caroline will love helping you decorate the tree in a few years. I can't believe all of the things that Amanda has "helped" me with this year. It has been fun!

Ruthanne said...

I LOVE Savannah!! I'm so jealous that you live so close to it. I love the waving girl too but my favorite is Bird Girl. I totally thought that was really Paula Deen in the first picture! I realized it was fake when I saw Tim pretending to kiss her--the real Paula Deen would have turned around and planted a big one on him! lol