Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Bring the Rain

As I sit on my couch looking at my beautiful Christmas lights, I was thinking of what I was going to write tonight. I had a two funny stories (one involving watching a television show that made me lose brain cells and another one that involved the kidnapping of Annie from Little Einsteins), but I got sidetracked. I somehow clicked on a new blog and my whole perspective changed.

In all my adoption trials, I experienced such fear...fear that one should not ever have to experience. But, I never experienced the birth or death of a child. Yes, you read correctly...death. The death of a child, one thing I hope that I never experience. I keep typing the word "experience" because it's real. For the last thirty minutes or so, I have been crying my eyes out reading about another person's heartache. I am no where near being finished with her story, but I am now out of kleenex. I admire her faith and courage and can only pray that if faced with the same experience that I would handle myself in such a dignified manner, one that brings glory to God. When you have some time and kleenex, please read...Bring the Rain Look on the left sidebar and click on read the beginning of Audrey's story. You won't regret what is about to change your life.

"Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings your glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain"


Mercy Me, "Bring the Rain"

3 comments:

jeck said...

She is an amazing story teller and I love her honest perspective. Her faith inspires me to work harder on my relationship with God.

Ruthanne said...

I have been following her blog for a while and it's heartbreaking and inspiring all at the same time.

Chelsea said...

Oh, thanks for sharing Bethany. I've never heard this before. I have been on that blog for about an hour. I've cried, and been in total amazement of their faith and trust in our Savior.