Friday, December 5, 2008

No love for the big guy in red!

Last night, Caroline and I met Tim up at Lenox Mall to see Santa Claus. All day, I tried prepping her for the big moment. We looked at Santa pics, saw a Santa at Kroger, and I kept going "ho ho ho". Was she ready??? Absolutely NOT! It's almost like she had a keen sense of what was about to happen. We got in line and closer to the front, I took her out of the stroller so that she could get a good luck at Santa. Caroline was not impressed. As a matter of fact, she wanted nothing to do with him. Santa's little elf asked her name and told me to drop her on Santa's lap and walk away so he could snap some pics. Okay, hindsight vision tells me that this was already a problem. Did I listen to my gut? NO! I dropped and ran! Caroline started SCREAMING! Needless to say, even Santa was ready to get her off of his lap while all the other moms and dads just laughed (probably reliving memories). As soon as I picked her up, she stopped crying. Another hindsight vision...Tim and I were dressed up, so why we didn't just take a family picture? $24 later, we are now the proud owners of a picture of Caroline screaming with Santa! Why did we buy the picture and not just use our camera? The posted sign read "Sitting with Santa is complimentary and you are welcome to take your own pictures. However, if you take your own pictures, then you NEED to buy one of ours!" I guess that's what we get for going to one of the most upscale malls in Atlanta! Oh by the way, we are still on the waiting list for the "real" Santa at Phipps Mall for NEXT YEAR! Yep, you read that right, NEXT YEAR!




2 comments:

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

Whats a real Santa, that one looked pretty good. I think most parent's have had children that feel that way, Maya for some reason is not scared of much, a good thing, I'm not too sure. Hopefully she will understnad that waiting list and be very happy next year.

Bethany said...

The "Real" Santa is this guy that looks so real that adults want to sit on his lap and tell him what they want! They opened the appointment line on October 13th and were booked up on the same day. Most of those people were ones that were on the waiting list the year before. Santa has a microphone that records his conversation with your child, they video it and immediately put it on DVD, and take amazing pictures. Someone told me last week that this guy gets paid $200,000 to recreate that magical feel! Heck, for $200,000, I will grow a belly, white hair and a beard for a month!!! HAHAHAHA!