Saturday, December 6, 2008

Homemade Bread

I stole this post from another blog that I have intently been following for the last few weeks. It's an amazing site on how a woman with three children is living on a budget of $800 for the year! She's close to the amount, so I'm dying to see if she makes her goal. I am rooting for her all the way! Go check out her blog and take home some tips! JANE4girls $800 Annual Budget

I got FREE yeast the other day at Kroger, but had no idea what I was going to do with it. I've never baked bread in my life and don't own a bread machine. My sister owns one, so I may have to borrow hers for a while. I saw this recipe and it seems easy enough for a newbie to try, so this week Caroline and I will be baking bread. Also, if this turns out well, we will be baking pineapple or mango bread. Stay tuned for some yummy pics!


Tupperware Bread
INGREDIENTS

3 1/2 c. warm water
3 pkgs. of yeast
6 Tablespoons sugar
6 Tablespoons melted butter
4 teaspoons salt
2 eggs, beaten
10 cups flour

DIRECTIONS

TIP: If you don't have a tupperware bowl, you can use a regular bowl and cover it with a dish towel. Let the dough rise for 30 minutes to 1 hour.

1. Using your large, 32 cup, tupperware bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm water. Add the sugar and melted butter. Stir in salt and beaten eggs. Add the 10 cups of flour last.

2. Stir until thoroughly mixed (the dough will be sticky). Snap on the bowl's cover and put in warm place until the seal pops on the lid.

3. Turn out onto a floured surface. Divide the dough into 4 equal parts and put into greased loaf pans. Cover pans with a damp dish towel and let rise for 30 minutes.

4. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until done. Cool on racks.

Thanks Molly for the recipe!

Disclaimer: Make sure you eat a full meal and are completely stuffed before making this. The smell alone will make you have to eat an entire loaf for dinner, unless of course you ate already

1 comment:

JANE4girls said...

glad you like the recipe. One correction to your post, I have 3 girls, not two..and I am the 4th, lol.