Saturday, August 8, 2009

My New Favorite Thing....


Two of my favorite things are coffee and tea. I LOVE them! We have several Teavana shops in our area and they have the best tea! BUT, they are NOT cheap. Several months ago, my sister and I were at Phipps Mall and walked into Teavana. After tasting a couple choices we decided we would splurge and buy some tea. The salesman forgot to mention that it would now cost us about $100 for a pound of tea!! I swear it must have had liquid gold in it! I looked at him and asked "Seriously? For a pound of tea?" He was dead serious! We just busted out laughing at the poor sapsucker! Fools, we are not! To make a long story short, we walked out of there with 1/4 lb of tea split in two bags for both of us....around $15 each.
A few weeks ago, Caroline and I headed into the city to go shopping when we walked into Teavana. They had a tea that was perfect for children because it is served chilled. It is a Roobios Tea, which is extremely high in antioxidants, relives allergies, aids in digestion, and increases iron absorption. It's a mixture of the Apple Lemon Pomegranate and the Tarocco Ruby Orange. Needless to say, it is YUMMY! The selling factor for me was the aids in digestion. Caroline has constipation issues, so I am always trying to find ways to help her.
I was also in the market for a new tea ball (strainer) when the salesman showed me my new favorite thing. It's called the Perfect Teamaker and it is! You boil your water, put the tea in the cup, pour water over and let steep and then you sit it on the cup of your choice and it literally flows into the cup. How cool! No more straining, shaking out a tea ball, or scooping out random pieces of twig that snuck into your cup. I spent around $40 total (for 1/4 pound of tea and the teamaker. Money well spent in my opinion.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

That is really neat Bethany! I've never seen one of those before. Thanks for sharing!