Thursday, August 13, 2009

Recipe for Chili's Salsa..Yum Yum!

Don't you just love the salsa you get from Chili's? It is one of our favorites! I was reading Kelly's Korner and came across her version of the salsa. I made it last night to go with our Mexican themed meal and I must say, it was super yummy and super easy! Thanks to couponing and stockpiling, I had all the necessary ingredients in my pantry and fridge.

Chili's Salsa Recipe
1 (14 1/2 oz.) can tomatoes and green chilies
1 (14 1/2 oz.) can whole canned tomatoes (plus the juice)
4 teaspoons jalapenos (canned, diced, not pickled)...I used fresh!
1/4 cup yellow onion (diced)
1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon sugar

1/4 teaspoon cilantro
1/2 of a lime juice

I used too much jalapeno in my salsa so it had quite a kick to it! We paired it with the Organic Blue Tortilla Chips that I got on manager's special at Kroger. I must say that it is now a family favorite. Try it out and let me know what you think...

No comments: